Monday, September 14, 2015

Good afternoon everyone,

We are still talking about telephone techniques, and here is more practice on how to make or cancel an appointment.

Task 1:

 Listen to the following telephone calls to make and cancel appointments. As you listen, fill in the blanks. Then practice each dialogue with a partner.

Conversation 1

Clinic: Dundas Medical Clinic. Can you for a. hold for moment?
Patient: Yes.
Clinic: How can I help you?
Patient: I’d like to make an appointment to see Dr. scott
Clinic: Just a moment, please. The next available appointment is Friday at 10:00 a.m.
Patient: Oh, I’m sorry, I cann’t make it then. Are there any opens in the afternoon on Friday?
Clinic: Let me check . Yes, you can see him at 3:30 p.m.
Patient:  That’s great thank you.
Clinic: May I have your chart number please?
Patient: Yes, it’s Z7823
Clinic: Your name is Michael Hayes?
Patient: Yes. Okay that’s Friday, June, 08th at 3:30 p.m.
Clinic: Yes.
Patient: Thank you. Bye.
Clinic: Bye.

Conversation 2

Garage: Reliable Auto Service. Can I help you?
Client: Yes, I was wondering if I could bring my car in this morning for an oil change
Garage: No, I’m afraid it’s not possible this morning. We’re really busy.
Client: Okay, what about tomorrow morning?
Garage: Yes, tomorrow is fine
Client: Is 9:30 a.m.Okay?
Garage: 9:30 is fine May I have your name, please?
Client: Yes, it’s Eric Cooper.
Garage: Okay, 9:30 tomorrow
Client: Thank you than Bye.

Conversation 3

Salon: Good morning, Kelly’s Hair Salon. How may I help you?
Customer: Oh, hello. I have an appointment to get my hair cut today at 4:00 p.m. but I’m something’s .come-up .and I have to cancel it.
Salon: May I have your name, please?
Customer: Yes, it’s Kim Sora – S-O-R-A.
Salon: Okay, that’s fine Would you like to book another appointment?
Customer: No, thank you  not right now. I’ll call back to reschedule. Thank you.
Salon: You’re welcome. Bye.
Customer: Bye.

Task 2 

Refer to the telephone dialogues to fill in the chart with specific expressions used to:


Request an Appointment
Offer an Appointment
·   I’d like to make an appointment to see a Dr.
·   Are there any opens in the afternoon?
·   The next available appointment is Friday at 10:00 a.m.
·   You can see him at 3:30 p.m.
·   what about tomorrow morning.
Accept an Appointment/Confirm an Appointment
Decline an Offered Appointment
·   That’s great thank you.
·   Okay that’s Friday, June, 08th at 3:30 p.m.
·   Okay, 9:30 tomorrow.
·   No, I’m afraid it’s not possible this morning.
Cancel an Appointment
·   I have an appointment to get my hair cut today at 4:00 p.m. but I’m something’s .come up and I have to cancel it.
·   Would you like to book another appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment